From: College Secretary
Ref: CM/ADM/PEN/4/VOL.1 Date: July 8, 2019
SUBJ: PRE-RETIREMENT VERIFICATION AND ENROLMENT EXERCISE FOR STAFF DUE FOR RETIREMENT BETWEEN JANUARY AND DECEMBER, 2020
The National Pension Commission has scheduled a Nationwide Verification and Enrolment Exercise for the period of 1st July to 2nd August, 2019 for employees in the services of the Federal Government Treasury Funded MDAs who are due to retire by virtue of attaining 65 years of age and 70 years of age for employees of Tertiary Institution for the purpose of payment of retirement benefits.
The verification and enrolment exercise for the University of Lagos will hold between Thursday, 25th and Friday, 26th July, 2019 at the Jelili Adebisi Omotola Hall B & C (Multi-Purpose Hall).
The prospective retirees are requested to provide the following documents for verification exercise to be conducted by the PENCOM.
- Letter of First Appointment.
- Evidence of Transfer of Service and Acceptance (where applicable).
- Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age.
- Letter/Evidence of promotion to the Grade Level as at June 2004.
- Letter/Evidence of ALL promotions obtained from 2004 to date.
- Letter of Introduction from the MDA.
- Staff Identity Card.
- Authenticated past Record of Service.
- Evidence of IPPIS registration slip (where applicable).
- Letter/Evidence of Retirement (Applicable to those who have retired Mandatorily/Voluntarily/Disengaged/Termination and yet to enroll with the Commission).
- Letter of Indemnity from the MDA stating non-payment of Retirement Benefits (Applicable to those who retired/disengaged before 2009).
- Evidence of registration with a Pension Fund Administrator indicating Retirement Savings Account Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Evidence of National Identification Number (NIN).
- Evidence of Bank Verification Number (BVN).
The copies of these documents should be submitted to the Pensions Unit, Administration Department on or before Wednesday, 17th July, 2019 to facilitate the processing of Pension documents.
P. S. Okeibunor
For: College Secretary