Welcome to College of Medicine, Unilag ...
The College of Medicine was conceived by the founding fathers as a Medical School which is an autonomous entity within the University of Lagos. It was founded to produce highly trained medical manpower to provide specialized medical services and to conduct research into health related problems. In October 1962, the first batch of 28 medical students were admitted into the College and they received their first lectures on October 3, 1962
Over the past 50 years, successive leadership of the College had worked tirelessly towards the realization of the lofty goals of making the Medical School the foremost College of Medicine located in the University of first Choice and the Nations pride. The College has grown remarkably. It now has three faculties: Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences and Dental Sciences. The Faculty of Dental Sciences is today the center of Excellence for Dentistry in Nigeria. The College consists of 32 departments with a student population of almost 2000 students and a staff strength of 1,850. The College has to date produced over 6,000 graduates in disciplines of Medicine, Dentistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiotherapy, Physiology, Radiography and Pharmacology...
- PROFESSOR AWEDA DELIVERS INAUGURAL LECTURE ON 5TH NOVEMBER 2014
- UNILAG CRC GRANT AND LSRDC GRANT HAS BEEN AWARDED TO DR. ADEYEMO WL ET AL
- PROFESSOR OGUNSOLA TASKS LABORATORY TECHNOLOGISTS ON IT Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ BASED/AUTOMATED LAB. TECHNOLOGIES KNOW- HOW.
- IMPLEMENTATION OF STAMP DUTIES ACT
- PROFESSOR AJEKIGBE APPOINTED AS A MEMBER OF TETFUND COMMITTEE
- COLLEGE SHINES AT MEDICAL QUIZ COMPETITION
- VERIFICATION OF COLLEGE OF MEDICINE ASSETS
- BUILDING ENGINEERS SCIENTISTS AND TECHNOLOGIST BEST COMPETITION FOR TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS CALL FOR ENTRIES UNITED KINGDOM 2014
- 2014 Call for Application CAS TWAS Presidents Fellowship Programme for Candidates
To deliver teaching and facilitate learning of the highest quality and
To play a leading role in health and economic development of Nigeria.